Darifair ships dairy blends and culinary products in Intermediate Bulk Containers (IBCs) to processors servicing national restaurant chains, retail outlets and food service distributors. When their previous IBC provider left the US market, Darifair needed a new long-term, reusable container provider. The company was looking for a solution that did not require them to purchase assets or become experts in container management. A few of Darifair’s specific project requirements included:
- Partnering with a provider experienced in pooling reusable containers
- Avoiding the use of capital on a non-core business function
- Avoiding container fleet management
- Ability to easily scale and adapt to new customers or changing product lines/volumes
- Hygiene quality control
- Ability to remain cost competitive
Working with a fully outsourced shipping container management solution provider was key for Darifair. Engaging a partner that would handle the container rental, transportation, cleaning, repair, and tracking services, while ensuring clean, quality containers on a scalable level was key to allowing the company to focus on its core business and drive growth.
Darifair contacted CHEP to provide its Pay-Per-Use Trip Rental container management solution. As part of the all-inclusive Trip fee, CHEP provides:
- Reusable container rental
- Shipping to the filler
- Pickup from the end user
- Dedicated Customer Service Representative
- Tracking via CHEP-TRAC
- 24/7 fleet visibility from any Internet-accesible computer
CHEP provides Darifair with a cost-effective, hygienic, traceable and sustainable solution that empowers the
industry leader towards greater profits and success.
The measurable impact of utilizing CHEP’ shipping container management services has led Darifair to cost savings, labor savings and increased productivity. With one less worry knowing their containers will be at the right place at the right time, the Darifair team can focus on their core business and remain on the cutting edge in the dairy industry.