⚠Important notice: how CHEP is handling the COVID-19 situation
During the past few weeks, CHEP has been closely monitoring the evolving COVID-19 coronavirus health situation. We would like to assure you that the measures that we are taking as a business are aligned with the technical guidance provided by World Health Organisation and the advice of local Government authorities.
Our focus is to ensure that our people are safe and our products and facilities are well protected and appropriately managed to best support the needs of our customers and local communities:
- A CHEP cross-functional team has been created, including Health & Safety, Government Affairs, Legal, Logistics, Operations, Quality and Risk management, to actively work with external food safety and public health experts.
- All CHEP employees are being provided with regular guidance on good hygiene practices and travel has been restricted.
- We are a registered Essential Services Provider hence our planning and plant staff are able to work during the lockdown period. We are supporting our suppliers in doing the same.
We are aware that cybercriminals have been sending COVID-19 phishing emails requesting personal information. CHEP will not contact you via email to change our bank details or request your login credentials or any other bank details. Please always validate any suspicious-looking correspondence with your CHEP Account Manager.
CHEP People Safety
The CHEP teams in the countries that are under local authority restrictions are following all local Government guidance and International advice in maintaining high standards of hygiene and cleanliness at their office and operational facilities. This includes:
- Daily health check of staff
- Regular cleaning with approved anti-viral products
- Restricted travel as recommended by the World Health Organisation
- Working from home where possible
If we learn of any potential (suspected or confirmed) coronavirus exposures, we have developed and will implement scientifically valid protocols in consultation with external consulting experts.
CHEP Product Supply
The current risk to product supply from CHEP to our customers remains remote.
CHEP has a unique capacity and a wide network to continue to serve our customers. In these changing times we are carrying out the following special measures:
- We have increased the frequency of our demand planning to ensure that we remain closely aligned to your changing needs.
- In case we are obliged to close a plant (for contagion reasons) we will ensure continued service through managing deliveries from alternative locations.
- We work closely with the Governments and local authorities to ensure our service is considered ‘essential’ and that we have the necessary permits and approvals to operate and move our products within the country and across borders.
- We have provided guidance to our drivers and Third-Party Logistics Providers to comply with international guidance on preventative measures and to adhere to all recommendations.
The complexity of the additional and frequently changing border controls as well as local restrictions may compromise our ability to always deliver within specific service windows. By working together with patience and support we can all do our best to load and unload efficiently, communicate clearly and proactively, thereby helping the whole supply chain to continue moving goods.
Our teams are working around the clock to minimise disruption in the sourcing and management of our products. We are monitoring the situation across our markets on a daily basis and we will notify you if the risk level to our product supply changes or if any of our contingency plans change.