Precautionary measures in light of the COVID-19 (coronavirus) outbreak
CHEP is continuing to monitor the evolving COVID-19/coronavirus health situation as new restrictions are introduced in countries across Europe. We would like to inform you that we are still operating business as usual with the relevant prevention measures in place as per the technical guidance by World Health Organization, our external consultants and the advices of local government authorities.
Our focus is to ensure our people are safe and our products and facilities are well protected and appropriately managed to best meet the needs of our customers and local communities:
· A CHEP cross-functional team remains in place. The team consists of Health & Safety, Government Affairs, Legal, Logistics, Operations, Quality and Risk management, who are actively working with external food safety and public health experts.
· All CHEP employees are being provided with regular guidance on good hygiene practices, provided with appropriate PPE and safe working environments.
· We have critical staff status in place for our planning and plant staff. We support our suppliers in doing the same, where necessary.
CHEP people safety
The CHEP teams in the countries that are now being placed under new local authority restrictions are following all local and EU government advice in maintaining high standards of hygiene and cleanliness in their office and operational facilities. This includes:
· Regular health check for our staff
· Regular cleaning with approved anti-viral products
· Restricted travel as recommended by the World Health Organization and local regulations
· Working from home where possible
CHEP product supply
The current risk to product supply from CHEP to our customers in Europe remains remote.
CHEP has a unique capacity - our wide network in Europe provides a natural resilience allowing us to continue to serve our customers. In these changing times we are carrying out the following special measures:
· We have increased the frequency of our demand planning to ensure that we remain closely aligned to your changing needs.
· Should we be obliged to close a plant (for contagion reasons) we would assure continued service through managing deliveries from alternative locations.
· We have provided guidance to our drivers and Third-Party Logistics Providers to comply with international guidance on preventative measures and to adhere to all recommendations from local sites.
Our teams are working around the clock to minimise disruption in the sourcing and management of our products. We will continue to monitor the situation across Europe on a daily basis and we will notify you if the risk level to product supply changes or if any of our contingency plans, to ensure stock availability, need to be implemented.
If you need further guidance, please contact your CHEP Account Manager.