Precautionary measures in light of the COVID-19 (coronavirus) outbreak
CHEP Europe and CHEP France are closely monitoring the evolving COVID-19/coronavirus health situation and we would like to keep you informed about the measures we are taking as a business.
Our focus is to ensure our people are safe and our products and facilities are well protected and appropriately managed to best support the needs of our customers and local communities:
- A CHEP cross-functional team has been created, including Health & Safety, Government Affairs, Legal, Logistics, Operations, Quality and Risk management, to actively work with external food safety and public health experts.
- We currently have a 14-day quarantine period for anyone that has travelled to or been in contact with anyone who has travelled to: mainland China, Iran, Japan, South Korea and parts of Northern Italy.
- All CHEP employees are being provided with regular guidance on good hygiene practices and limiting travel.
CHEP people safety
We are pleased to report that currently none of our CHEP employees or their families have been affected by COVID-19.
The CHEP teams in China and Italy are following all local and EU government advice in maintaining high standards of hygiene and cleanliness in their office and operational facilities. This includes:
- Daily health check of staff
- Regular cleaning with approved anti-viral products
- Mandating the wearing of masks
- No travel to infected areas as listed by the World Health Organisation
If we learn of any potential (suspected or confirmed) coronavirus exposures, we have developed and will implement scientifically valid protocols in consultation with outside experts.
CHEP product supply
The current risk to product supply from CHEP to our customers in Europe is considered remote.
CHEP Europe does not import raw materials (timber, nails) from high coronavirus risk areas and no CHEP Europe Service Centres are located in the current quarantined zones.
CHEP has a wide network in Europe that can serve customers from multiple locations. If a CHEP service centre or customer site was in a quarantined zone, CHEP would service customers from alternative service centres or make arrangements with the customer to deliver to an alternative location.
We have provided guidance to our drivers and Third Party Logistics Providers to comply with international guidance on preventative measures and to adhere to all recommendations from local sites.
We are monitoring the situation on a daily basis to ensure no disruption in the sourcing and management of our products. We will notify you if the risk level changes and our contingency plans to ensure stock availability need to be implemented.
We are working with our employees, customers and suppliers to mitigate any risks and we hope that you are taking similar preventative measures.
If you need further guidance, please contact your CHEP Account Manager.